AGENDA OF JEFFERSON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
NOTICE: The regular meeting of the Jefferson County Board of Commissioners will be held in the commissioner’s room. Attendees are encouraged, but not required to utilize Zoom access. Information is available at https://jeffersoncounty.nebraska.gov/ or see Zoom access information at the bottom of the page. *
DATE: June 22, 2021 9:00 a.m.
1. Call to order
2. The open meetings act has been posted on the wall in the back of the room and at https://jeffersoncounty.nebraska.gov/ for anyone to view.
3. Roll Call
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. 9:05 a.m. – Board of Equalization – Mary Banahan, assessor tax list corrections
NOTE: Items of business that are routine which are expected to be adopted without dissent. Items are automatically approved when the consent agenda is approved unless an item is REMOVED by a Commissioner or any member of the public. Removed items will be placed under New Business for action by the County Board.
- Approval of Minutes of June 15, 2021
- Approve/sign purchase agreements for John Deere $310,497 and Caterpillar $302,100 motor graders discussed at the 6-15-2021 meeting.
- Approve SENDD administrative contract for ECP West Project.
- Approve Public Defender contract with Scott Gropp 7-1-2021 to 6-30-2023
- Approve Resolution 2021-15 Over/Under Expended Funds
- Approve Child Advocacy Center agreement effective July 1, 2021
REGULAR AGENDA – DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS
- 9:00 a.m. – National Association of Counties zoom call – presentation on American Rescue Plan Act
- 10:00 a.m. – Alan Rosenthal, ambulance director – report on department
- 10:15 a.m. – Nick Georgi, sheriff – closed session on personnel; update status of law enforcement contract with City of Fairbury
- 10:30 a.m. – Leroy Bast, treasurer – quarterly report
- 10:45 a.m. – Board – closed session – strategy
- 11:00 a.m. – Peggy Galloway, diversion services - school therapist and the Nebraska Health Education Standards
- 11:30 a.m. – Chris Reece, District #1 Probation & Drug Court (by zoom) – budget presentation/request for funding and sign Southeast Nebraska Adult Drug Court Interlocal ’21-’22
- Approve claims/payroll
- Comments by the Public
- Noon – lunch
The County Board reserves the right to go into executive session in accordance with Section 84-1410.
Jefferson County Clerk
The Above Agenda Is Open Until 24 Hours Prior To The Meeting And Is Subject To Change To Include Emergency Items.
*Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81891951121?pwd=QlJzZFdmRGhTZlJYMlNtUERmblZSdz09
Meeting ID: 818 9195 1121
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C.) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)